Different sectors of Travel and Tourism
Travel and tourism comprise of different sectors. They usually vary vastly from each other in terms of operation. The field may be divided into various sectors.
- Conference/Convention: We have all seen those Hollywood movies in which the lead actor has to attend a conference or a convention. Well, someone has to organise it right? This is where you come in, making travel, stay, food, venue arrangements for the organizers.
- Airlines/Transport: Deals with making travel arrangements for clients. Hence knowledge of rules and regulations (international and domestic) is important. Efficiency and punctuality in
leting the task are essential.
- Ecotourism: Tourism in regards to natural environments. Its support and conservation efforts. Observing wildlife. It is quite evident from the explanation that knowledge of nature and animals will come in handy here. The information is important as clients will rely on you to answer their questions.
- Outdoor Recreation: Deals with a lot of adventure activities such as hiking, cycling, treks etc. Physical fitness and a spirit of adventure is necessary.
- Hotels, Food and Beverage: If you like being a host and take care of their needs, this sector is fit for you. Deals in making the clients stay comfortable. One should have knowledge of food and beverages to able with efficiency.
- Arts and Culture: travellers under this category usually look into the artistic and cultural heritage of a destination. Having the knowledge of these two aspects of the region an individual is working from is necessary.
- Ancillary services associated with tourism : Every sector in the world has ancillary services related to it. You may not be a part of the industry but play an important role in functioning of it. E.g. Airline pilots.